Holy Week Meditations
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. 10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him; he has put him to grief… 11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.Isaiah 53:6-12.
Behold My Servant: Holy Week Meditations follows the Revised Common Lectionary Old Testament readings in the book of Isaiah. The Lectionary is a three-year cycle of selected Scriptures for the seasons of the Church year, including Lent, Holy Week, and Easter.
The meditations are meant to be devotional and transformational spiritual practices from the Biblical content known as the Servant Songs in Isaiah 42:1-4; 49:1-6; 50:4-9; and 52:13-53:12.
Each day starting on Palm Sunday and ending on Good Friday, you will connect more closely to Jesus as the Servant Messiah through five images of the Servant in Isaiah:
- Palm Sunday. Read Isaiah 50:7. The Servant: Determined. Jesus set his face like a flint, emptied himself, taking the form of a servant.
- Monday. Read Isaiah 42:1-9. The Servant: Chosen. “Behold my Servant…my Chosen in whom my soul delights.”
- Tuesday. Read Isaiah 49:1-6. The Servant: Beauty. “You are my Servant in whom I will display my Beauty.”
- Wednesday. Read Isaiah 50:4-9. The Servant: Awakens. “The Servant morning by morning awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.”
- Thursday. Read Isaiah 52:13-53:5. The Servant: Crushed. “Behold my Servant…he was pierced for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities.”
- Friday. Read Isaiah 53:6-12. The Servant: The Lamb of God. “Like a lamb that is led to slaughter…my Servant will make many to be accounted as righteous.”
For the complete set of meditations in both English and Spanish, Download here:
I am available for spiritual direction and soul conversations. Blessings with Good Grace. firstname.lastname@example.org